Dear Doctor and Colleague,
You are on your way to a fulfilling, lucrative career as a doctor. Along the way you may have noticed that some doctors seem to know exactly what they want and the exact next steps to take. And then there is you… not quite sure if the direction you are headed in is really the right one for you. At times you feel like you are alone on this journey. You wonder, “Why am I stuck trying to figure it out? Who do I go to for guidance?”
Sometimes instead of finding the answers you realize it opens the door to even more questions…..
- What’s next for me after residency?
- What will I really do for the rest of my life?
- Where do I want to finally settle down, put down some roots, and maybe even meet someone and start a family?
- Do I want to continue training and further specialize or will I be happy where I am now?
- Is fellowship really for me or do I go into practice or look for a hospitalist position?
- Ugh, how will I know what is really right for me?
- And who can I trust for advice and mentoring to find my way?
You are not alone!
You’ve just been brought up in the culture of medicine where certain topics are left unspoken. You are supposed to be strong, self-reliant, always have it all together, and most importantly appear to have it all together, even when what you really need is support.
If you are reading this, then congratulate yourself for the first step in embracing the real and authentic you, who sometimes has all the answers and sometimes is on a journey for the answers.
Congratulate yourself for being willing to ask the difficult questions, that other doctors and medical professionals have, but may not be brave enough to ask.
Welcome to The Insider MD Club where you stop standing alone on the sidelines, and come inside to be nurtured, supported, and mentored to live your best life personally and professionally.
Once inside you will have access to the keys to success that professionals use to:
- Harness the energy of your Big Dream so that you stay inspired and make decisions that stretch you beyond your comfort zone
- Define and Hone your strengths and core values so that you create a personal and professional brand that you can easily communicate to peers, colleagues, prospective employers and influencers in your specialty.
- Understand what leadership really means as you support your team and stand out above the rest
- Master your communication skills so that your patients leave the doctor-patient relationship feeling heard and having their questions answered so that they can comply with their treatment plan
- Set Intentions for your day so that you experience more ease and flow even with a booked patient panel on your busiest day
- Learn how to use the information from peers, patients, team members, and even yourself to redirect your thinking and actions to stay on course toward the desired goals and outcomes
- Finally figure out what establishing priorities and time management really means for you, your family, your lifestyle
The Insider MD Club is the mentoring, coaching, and support you need as you graduate medical school, figure out what residency is all about, and find your way as an attending physician building your career and your life.
Get access to:
- Life Skills and Strategies Modules
- Weekly Email Support
- Monthly Office Hours
You will gain clarity around what you truly desire for your personal life and medical career and learn how to make the necessary shifts to stay in alignment. When life in the hospital or office gets hectic or you need the space to celebrate your wins come back here to find exactly what you are looking for. This is the next step in investing in yourself.
Get Started Today!
Whether you are at a cross roads in your life or medical career or find yourself at a complete stop, you have already invested thousands of dollars in your medical education. Medical education is great for preparing you to see patients and diagnosis medical conditions, however, it stopped short in teaching you how to blend your life and career. You may be lucky enough to have a mentor or two along the way, but often they can only show you how they did it, which may not be right for you. Would you benefit from a stepwise system to blend your life with your profession?
Now is your time to get the strategies that will make all the difference in your life and career.
Many doctors I meet and work with have not extended their dreams beyond obtaining the M.D. degree. They often share that they want a nice job and a good life. What does that really mean? How do you get there? You probably thought that once the formal education and training were finished there would be more time to access the information and resources to figure it all out. Instead, Life Happens. The focus remains on building your career and paying off loans and not creating a solid foundation for a well-rounded life.
This is exactly where The Insider MD Club comes in. Here you have access to the strategies, life skills, coaching, and mentoring for the life and medical career you desire. The Insider MD Club recognizes that YOU are so much more than the MD after your name. You deserve a life that is fulfilling and complete with happiness and purpose. Wasn’t that the dream after all?
I felt lost, too. I struggled. I didn’t know where to turn and who to trust.
I had dreams. I believed that becoming a doctor was the realization of all my hopes, dreams, and happiness. But I really had not planned for life beyond medicine. Life was good to me and things did show up for me. I got married. I started a family. From the outside, it looked pretty darn good. Not good….Great!
Here’s what really happened.
As I completed fellowship with 2 small children, my marriage ended in divorce. I was finally making real money (almost 11 years after college graduation) and now I had to figure out life as a single mother of 2. The only thing I really knew and had faith in was being a doctor. So that’s what I did. I worked 12, 16, or 24 hour shifts. I’d pick up extra shifts to keep us in the lifestyle we knew. I moonlighted at another hospital. And the rest of my life…well…I just pieced it together….all the while not feeling any inner peace. In fact I found myself wondering why was I doing all of this anyway. There had to be a better way. There had to be a way to have joy and happiness in my life as I pursued the career I had dreamed about for most of my youth.
I immersed myself in self-development books searching for answers. They only took me a few steps ahead. I didn’t fully find my way until I discovered coaching. Coaching was exactly what I was searching for to restore the ‘ME’ in medicine.
Blending coaching with medicine changed everything…how I showed up for myself, my family, my patients, and my life. I learned how to blend my authentic self with practicing medicine that was just right formula for me. It allowed me to be present with families and take care of critically ill newborns without feeling completely drained. Today, I embrace all of who I am and stop comparing myself to my colleagues and peers. I embrace my strengths as I welcome opportunities for new growth. Coaching has made all the difference.
And that is the doctors who work with me achieve as well. They have the tools to find their way in a medical system that can be competitive and uncompromising.
Working with Dr. Wellington made a difference in my life and career! I didn’t even realize how I was stopping myself from fully embracing my gifts and talents. You are an awesome coach, mentor, and person. I thank you for motivating me in so many ways. Now I know that anything and everything is possible for me.
I want to thank you for everything I know. There is more work to be done and I have to keep reminding myself to be gentle with myself. I would not have made it this far without you. You are truly a blessing.
The Insider MD Club is for you if you are looking for the next logical step in creating a system to further develop the person and physician behind the stethoscope. Life’s success is more than a series of quick fixes. It happens with systems and strategies in place to maintain clarity and stay inspired to do the things necessary to move closer to your goals. So if you are ready to come inside and shake up the status quo by owning your value, recognizing your strength, and finding balance in your life all while serving the patients you are meant to serve, this is for you.
This is NOT for you if:
- You are stuck in the chronic complaining mode. Yes, there is a place for your concerns to be voiced, but it is far more useful to move beyond the problems and focus on solutions. Problem based thinkers have to be willing to shift their perspective to solution focused. We do that here.
- You are looking for a quick fix. Just as it takes years to become a doctor, and a lifetime of commitment to learning and honing your expertise, I believe that same can be said for investing in developing you. This is not a quick fix. This is an investment of your resources to have a better outcome than you ever imagined. You have to be willing to do the self-work.
- You are looking for a program primarily focused on medicine. This membership program is designed uniquely for you to bring out your best personally and professionally. The online mini-learning modules focus on the developing your personal skill set to make you a well-rounded professional and person.
This is for you if you are ready to grow in new and exciting ways
There is a very special, unique, spiritual path for you in medicine.
It goes beyond the medical school curriculum and the rigors of residency training. The challenge is looking beyond the distractions so that you can discover your true path.
Your path in medicine is built on your strengths.
Your path in medicine allows you to be of service to the people, patients, families you are meant to serve without losing yourself in the process.
Your path in medicine will stretch you beyond your comfort zone and ask you to be brave and courageous enough to embrace it.
And the impact of saying Yes to your path will be more satisfying than you can imagine.
Maybe it’s the young person whose life you touch that makes him or her believe that they can grow up to become a doctor too.
Maybe it’s your ability to connect with a patient and family in their primary language so that now they understand the diagnosis and treatment plan, and this improves the outcome.
Maybe it’s having a doctor who understands the importance of a patient’s cultural background, so that she incorporates the medical, cultural, and spiritual aspects into the healing process.
The Insider MD Club is the holistic approach to life that doctors need to shift from feeling overwhelmed and unfulfilled on the path to burn out that is prevalent in medicine today, and get back to the business of living. The life and career you want is waiting for you.